Title: Software Developer III
Reports to: Director of Software Services
Classification: Salaried Non Exempt
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
The Software Developer is accountable for the design, development, and maintenance of multiple software projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deploy software in a well-planned manner with complete coordination with other staff
- Assist documentation and testing personnel
- Consistently meet timelines and maintain awareness of schedules
- Interpret business technical and functional requirements and design solutions to meet those requirements
- Work effectively in a team environment and balance individually assigned work
- Perform modifications to complex, multi-user systems
- Support unit testing and develop fixes
- Mentor and assist junior developers
- Work independently and be customer service oriented
- Acquire and maintain additional technical skills for professional development
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel will be required for this position.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Associate degree in Computer Science or a comparable degree or equivalent work/school experience.
- 6+ years’ experience participating in collaborative development environment preferred.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft based technologies:
- C# and .NET technologies
- LINQ, Entity Framework, REST Web API
- Angular CLI, Typescript, HTML, XML
- Microsoft SQL Server, Stored Procedures
- Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
- Team Foundation Server, TFS User Stories
- Able to automate routine maintenance and tasks via scripting languages
- Experience with multi-tier application design and development, and knowledge of design patterns
- Unit testing and integration
- Understanding of distributed systems and data structures, both in design and implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Relevant Certifications
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Background checks – criminal, civil, employment, and education required. Drug screening in compliance with drug free workplace standards.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Founded in 1979 in Lafayette, IN, Roeing is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. Roeing’s differentiation is that it specialized on both Software Development and Infrastructure Managed Services. A true dev/ops shop with I/P and a team of more than 50 IT and business professionals. Roeing serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. Roeing is committed to providing the most leading-edge technology solutions, and with that, ensures that staff stay current on crucial certifications and affiliations.
|Roeing IT Solutions is an “Equal Opportunity Employer,” and prohibits, in all employment – related practices and decisions, discrimination, harassment or prejudicial treatment against any person based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy related conditions, age, disability, veteran status, or otherwise as provided by federal, state or local law.|